- Qualidade de vida
- Cultura e valores
- Diversidade e inclusão
- Oportunidades de carreira
- Remuneração e benefícios
- Alta liderança
Trabalho para Square em período integral (Até um ano)
I work for CashApp Engineeering within Square so can only speak for CashApp (which has a separate office to Square's in Melbourne).
* Great remote-friendly culture though there are some things everyone is still figuring out (atleast I feel CashApp is better than few other companies I worked for in this aspect by doing more async comms etc)
* Competent Engineering leadership - we don't have non-engineering managers leading teams or being engineering directors/senior leads who are very empathetic to real engineering issues and don't come with arbitrary deadlines or unnecessary pressures
* Real autonomy to engineers. I've heard about it in almost all my previous places - but I didn't really know how it feels to be autonomous until I started here. Teams are only assigned a problem space / very high level and we solve it in the best way we want. No micromanagement or process overhead.
* Work-life balance friendly! I can't speak for SF or other CashApp offices here - but the Melbourne (or AU generally speaking) is very much nailing this (or atleast trying best to). Don't have people staying late and working late so there is no pressure on anyone else indirectly either.
* Good compensation / stocks
* Working on very interesting stuff all the time due to the trajectory growth.
* Fast paced environment (good and bad thing I guess - so change is the only constant - reorgs, people movements, industry opportunities etc etc) - perhaps a good problem to have?
* Whilst it's remote friendly, like I mentioned there are a lot of things still being figured out. The communities / guilds are not very active and kinda becoming just day to day work stuff. This would be a challenge for the org to re-energize such culture given Square has announced 100% remote even post-COVID and we already have hires from various parts of AU (combination of growing pains and 100% remote situation)
* Not very diverse when it comes to senior management positions. Although the most diverse team when it comes to junior to mid engineers. Good thing there is acknowledgement of this issue but still work to be done by supporting women/LGBTQ members/person with some disability but fully able to work etc
Conselhos à presidência
* Double down on making the org more remote friendly - recently hired across the globe so need to make it work within teams with some support
* More work required to enhance diversity and inclusion and also handling communication regarding this on what is being done / not done
Atualize esta página publicando um foto. Leva apenas alguns minutos. Suas fotos são sigilosas.Compartilhar uma foto
Candidatei-me online. O processo levou 2 semanas. Fui entrevistado pela Square (Melbourne (Austrália)) em abril de 2021.
I applied this role, "Senior Machine Learning Engineer", via LinkedIn advertisement.
In a few days my recruiter contacted me and the process started.
1. Simple phone screen, the recruiter didn't ask question for phone screening but asked about me and my current experience.
2. Code exercise, I had two options. One is a online pairing for 1 hour and another one is a code assignment with 1 week. I chose the code assessment since I am not a fan of "Leetcode" style testing. The recruiter was kind enough to share what would be assessment criteria and tips to pass the assessment
3. After passing the code assessment, I was invited a day-long interviews. Also my recruiter shared tips for the interviews.
Square hiring interview process is the best one of all interviews I had for companies in Australia.
Overall my experience for the hiring process is that Square tried to help me to do my best for the interviews and help me to pass the interviews rather than ambushing me with surprising questions.
All interviewers are nice and kind.
I did not do well with one of interviews but got my offer so that is another reason I am saying that "Square try to help you pass the hiring process rather setting strict bar just to filter you out"
Perguntas de entrevista